We support all kinds of agencies using Ethnio - UX, advertising, development, consulting, etc. This is important to us, because Ethnio was created inside a UX research agency (Bolt | Peters in SF, if you like ancient history).
Our goal is to make sure agencies have a great experience using Ethnio, so please read through this list of eight common agency/ethnio issues carefully before using the tool:
- Ethnio does not provide any participants - agencies are often looking for a recruiting agency or panel provider. Basic primer here on what Ethnio provides.
- Monthly pricing is not always compatible with the project model of most agencies. Read more on single project pricing that here.
- Intercepts might require your client to place Ethnio code on their site. This can result in major issues around code ownership, traffic, and support. If you own the Ethnio account you are liable for traffic sent to our servers, even if you have trouble getting your client to remove code. This could incur extra costs, and brings us to the next bullet point...
- Page view pricing for intercepts surprises some agencies - read more here about that.
- Every single human needs their own login from a client or agency - teams and projects change fast, and even if you only need someone to access Ethnio for 10 seconds, they need their own login. Your account could be suspended with no notice for any violation of terms, and managing who is actually owning, using, and accessing Ethnio can also be tricky.
- Client requests involving security and privacy reviews require an Enterprise license. Even if your agency doesn't need those type of onboarding tasks, if your client requires it, our Enterprise plan is required.
- Mention "Bill Moggridge" in any email requesting product information to show us you took the time to read this far. He was an amazing agency founder, among other things. :-)
- Let's talk about fire - we understand agencies work super hard to meet client deadlines, but that can mean fire drills and emailing Ethnio with rush support requests. If your agency is on a fast timeline, we TOTALLY support you, but can't always put out the fire. Please make sure to check all the docs and Google "Ethnio + issue" before sending an urgent help request.