After almost two years of development and testing with real customers, our CRM for research participants is complete. Thank you to everyone that has given us feedback and tried it out during that time! We've incorporated your feedback along with some major system and technical improvements. The most important current features are below.
How do participants get into your pool? You can use anything from a global research opt-in page to a recruiting agency to an existing Qualtrics survey to an Ethnio web intercept. See all those sources in one place. Using email as the unique identifier, Pool tracks and unifies all responses and opt-outs in one place.
- Upload your own list of participants from your marketing team or internal DB of users
- Recruiting vendor or agency can be given locked down access to Ethnio using our team permissions settings
- Screener link, web intercept, or app intercept from Ethnio
- Qualtrics, Salesforce, or any other tool you can export to CSV and import into Pool. API integrations also available if you'd like to automate workflow as a custom component.
Personalized Email Distributions
Now you can choose a random subset, or the first block out of any selected group, and define certain basic personalization and variables in your email. Currently you can't reference any column in your pool as a variable, but that's coming soon.
Updated Design & Performance
The entire table, column, and filter system has been redesigned from the ground up.
Easily construct filters from any screener question ever, or any CSV upload ever. Add boolean and/or logic, and save the whole thing as a Segment for easy future use.
Easily save any combination of filters for you or your team to use. They update dynamically, so within seconds of someone filling out a screener or you uploading a CSV, if they match your segment criteria, they will appear almost instantly. For example, if you only want to see people who have filled out a screener, opted in to participate in future research, and never completed an interview, now you can have a segment that will automatically include new respondents from any screener or upload with an opt-in question.
You can now search for any participant name or email across all your screeners and uploads in a few seconds, by email. Click search or tap "s" if you like keyboard shortcuts as much as we do.
You can upload a CSV with opted out emails from any other source in your organization, and you can also setup filters if you have opt-outs from Ethnio, and use Pool Rules to make sure no opted-out participants from any source receive an email, ever.
New Activity & Comments
See every type of activity for a given participant across all studies, screeners, uploads, and sources. This means when anyone from your team schedules or pays a participants, it will show up here.
# ResearchOps and Team Workflow
House and manage your research panel, with flexible inputs and workflows for researchers, stakeholders, and vendors, all while staying in compliance for your organization and industry.
- Flexible growth with your team - add or remove seats, change plan limits, and unlimited onboarding for new team members from Ethnio
- Track who on your team has been reaching out to participants, and from what source
- Compliance, reporting, and governance - set data expiration, manage P.I.I., see all team research metrics, control team access
- Global spending limits and incentive tracking - if you use Ethnio incentives, that is
- Get metrics on opens, bounces, clicks, completes, and everything you need to iterate on your research conversion and workflow
- See phone screen notes for all participants - call potential participants straight from Ethnio and update status, with everything tracked by team member
- Participant-facing input / opt-in that you can customize - let your potential participants enter any information you'd like to sign up for your general opt-in page, which you can create in Ethnio.
Improved Source Handling
Need to find a screener or CSV upload? Simply click the new Source dropdown in the top left and string together as many sources as you'd like: