We're constantly adding new payment methods for currencies and countries around the world for your participants. This is all designed to give your participants the best PIE (Participant Incentive Experience). We've also added new features to help researchers:
- 0 – 8% fees: if you pay via credit card, it's a higher fee, and if you pay via ACH, check, invoice, or PayPal, it can be 0%. Minimum amount required.
- Yearly Limits: you can now set a yearly limit for any one recipient (by email) across all your team members, screeners, and incentive batches
- Every country and currency in the world: issue in Euros, Pounds, Pesos, or anything else. We might not have methods for each country, but things like PayPal and
- Localization / Languages: customize every button, word, and email your recipients see.
- Branded or Blind: use your logo and branding, or send the emails from a generic email for blind studies.
The basic payment methods in Ethnio are:
- Amazon in 11 countries: Japan, Germany, Poland, UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, and of course the U.S.
- Donate to Charity: choose from 8 options (all US-based for now).
- Global Virtual Visa works in almost every country but has more steps than the country-specific virtual cards below.
- PayPal works in literally any country on earth.
- Country-specific Virtual MC/Visa Cards: Hong Kong, UK / EU, Australia, Canada, and the U.S.
- eGift Cards only works in the US, but dozens of options.
- Uber: available in both the UK and US.
- Starbucks US.
Want to add your own rewards like company shwag or company gift codes? Drop us a line. Simply choose one or more methods for your payees under Incentives >> Payment Defaults, or during the process of Incentives >> Pay People.
- Lock currency & language or auto-detect. If you're sending to one country, lock in that language and currency, or if you're sending globally let Ethnio auto-detect currency and language.
Tons of International Options. Send money anywhere in the world. Localization, different currencies, and cost-of-living adjustments.
Send multiple payment options including PayPal, Virtual Visa, eGift Cards, Amazon US and more to anywhere in the world. You can automatically pay any participant right from ethnio, using either your credit card on file or an invoice payment. Customize the email and the amount. Some restrictions apply.
- Send blind distributions. If you need to pay participants anonymously, Ethnio can be the only brand your recipients see.
Track spending, get weekly reports, set limits per participant across multiple researchers and studies.
Import payees/recipients from Google Sheets, copy and page, or CSV. This helps if you have participants from other tools.
Adding Recipients is Super Easy
Your scheduled or completed respondents from Ethnio will automatically show up in Incentives, but if you simply want to copy and paste, upload a CSV, or use a Google Sheet with a list of Payees, that's quick as well:
We support any currency and language in the world. We also have 12 country-specific methods like Japan Amazon, for example, and several global options like Virtual Visa (global) and PayPal, but we're always able to add more so just drop us a line if you'd like a new method.
Here are all the current options for eGift cards BUT we are constantly adding and in some cases removing terrible ones if they have a bad UX.
Tracking and Reports
After all your rewards are sent out, you can get automatic reports on spending, export data, and much more: